Professional Instructions for:
Here are some additional guidelines and general tips:
- For sensitive teeth avoid foods with citric acid. If sensitivity persists:
- Have patient call office immediately.
- Prescribe fluoride for alternate nights.
- Purple tray after bleaching session indicates presence of zinc in fillings.
- Keep bleach refrigerated (store standard bottles upside-down).
- Do not smoke, eat or drink with tray in place.
- Pregnant women should only bleach with the agreement of their physicians (otherwise not recommended).
- Bleach upper arch first.
- Wait two weeks before doing crowns or fillings.