Below is a helpful article on Dentistry IQ:
CDC updates reopening guidance for dental settings
As dental practices begin to see more patients amidst the coronavirus pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has updated its reopening guidance for dental settings. The change affects source controls for patients entering dental settings and health screenings for employees prior to shifts.
Below are links to the general and dental-specific guidances.
- Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
- Infection Control in Healthcare Settings [Updated April 13, 2020]
- Using Personal Protective Equipment [Reviewed April 3, 2020]
- Hand Hygiene [Reviewed April 27, 2020]
- Interim Guidance for Dental Settings [Updated April 27, 2020]