The perfect whitening trays are easy to produce using these simple steps to make the whitening trays.
1. Initially, record the level of the patient’s yellow teeth by taking a photo that includes the shade guide to record a baseline and to provide a tooth whitening comparison benchmark. These records can be used for both in office teeth whitening and with home whitening kits. The white tray or bleaching trays as they are also called will be used for the carbamide gel tooth whiteners.
2. Using impression material fill the impression tray making sure material comes up to the top anterior surface of the tray. Use your impression material dispenser of mix as directed by the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Take the impression by pushing the impression tray over the teeth till the impression material is covering the full depth of the teeth completely. Carefully hold the mold in place for thirty to fifty seconds without any movement. The impression tray is removed by leveraging it off carefully starting with the molars first. After removal, rinse and wrap the impression in a damp paper towel and let it set till it is firm to the touch.
4. Mix the stone according to manufacturer instructions.
5. Pour the cast by first moistening the impression with water and then shaking it to remove any excess water. Put a small amount of stone into the the indentations with a spatula and use a vibrator to release the air bubbles from the material to ensure completely bubble free margins. When this is complete allow the stone to set fully before proceeding.
6. Prepare the model by soaking it in water to facilitate easy separation. Once the stone model is free from the impression and then grind down the foundation of the model so the central incisors are aimed up from the base forming a 90 degree angle from the floor of the vacuum machine.
7. Place the model into the machine. One or both arches may be done at the same time. Select the EVA and insert the sheet into the vacuum machine using a.040 which is standard or using a.080 for bruxers. Securely clamp the sheet down.
8. Start the vacuum heater to heat the EVA. Once the EVA has begun to sag at least two inches then lower the EVA onto the model until it is completely in place. Note: the lower the initial sag, the thinner the resulting tray.
9. Begin the suction letting it work for fifteen to twenty seconds to insure a usable form. Remove the heating element form the area. Immediately use labial lingual pressure from cuspid to lateral to central and then back to lateral and then cuspid being sure to wear gloves that have been moistened. Repeat this procedure three times.
10. Let the completed whitening trays sit in the vacuum apparatus until cool. Once cooled, then remove the completed whitening tray model and stent.
11. Trim off any excess EVA from the whitening trays.
12. Using a ball point pen trace a solid line along the gingival margin as a guide for trimming the whitening tray.
13. Trim the whitening tray using small, curved, crown and bridge scissors to keep the whitening trays from causing the gel to come in contact with the gum areas when bleaching. The whitening tray>s may be flamed lightly with a laboratory torch to remove rough edges if necessary.
14. Run the whitening trays under cold water being sure to remove all of the pen ink.
15. After trimming the whitening trays check the fit by matching the tray with the original model.
The best teeth whitening systems use these bleach trays in office and home whitening kits. These custom-fit trays will garner the best whitening reviews from the patient due to the comfortable fit.
About The Author: Life-Like Cosmetic Solutions provides high quality tooth bleaching products for dental professionals. Thousands of dental professionals all over the world rely on Life-Like for their patients teeth whitening solutions. Life-Like’s mission is to provide dentists with the most practical and effective bleaching materials available.